Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gratitude and Thanksgiving

Today in church was an uplifting morning of messages of gratitude and thanksgiving. I was asked to write three major changes in my life over the last 6 months. I wrote health issues, deepening relationships with kids and friends, drawing closer to the Lord. Then I was asked to write down a blessing from those changes, I wrote quality time with my family, a deeper self worth and esteem, and peace. I hope that you all can find the time to have to deepen your relationships with your loved ones, that you can make quality time to be with them, that you can draw closer to the Lord, and find peace and a deeper self worth in your life. It is a very rewarding way to live.

A testimony of tithing and thanks..... Wayne's paycheck came in just a little over half what it usually is. I attempted to pay bills, and quickly realized that there just wasn't enough there. I cried and cried then determined the amount that we needed to be able to make through the next month. I then took a deep breath, wrote out the tithing check and paid one bill. Then walked away with a prayer in my heart. I packed and left for Utah for a nice evening with Wayne and the dr appt on Friday morning. And I did my best to put it out of my mind. I knew the Lord knew our situtuation and I knew I had done all I could do. We had a nice "mini" vacation and enjoyed the time together and felt good about the information gleened from the dr's visit. On the way home, we stopped by Wayne's work, where the gentlemen over payroll immediately approached us and apologized for his mistake but that he had missed a couple loads and some hours worked outside of the truck. He handed us another check. IT WAS $10 SHY OF THE AMOUNT I HAD DETERMINED WE NEEDED. I reconginze this as a trial of my faith and the Lord's willingness to answer our prayers if we will keep his commandments. I express my sincere Thanks and Gratitude for a loving Heavenly Father. He lives, He knows me, He loves me and He watches over me. I testify in the name of our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ Amen. -Sheryl

2 comments:

Darla K said...

Very awesome, thanks for sharing your testimony of sincere faith.
Love you too

Anonymous said...

WoW! Great testimony of faith and of tithing. Thanks for sharing. MOM