Thursday, December 4, 2008

Outside Christmas Lights

I love to have Christmas lights on the outside of my house, but this year it has been a pain. One of the boys got them all hung and there were burned out bulbs on 3 of the strings. He didn't know why the lights were out but he hung them anyway. I helped identify the broken bulbs and all was well. He was told to loop the cords so that there wasn't a gap between strings. He did fine on the first two but the last three he had gaps. I climbed up there yesterday and fixed the gaps. Last night a whole new section of lights was burned out, this morning I hoped up there and ended up taking down two strings of lights and now I can't get them to work even though I have replaced the broken bulbs. I ended up crying over the whole mess, which means I am way too tired to stress over lights.... good grief... what a dumb thing to cry about. But I like the lights, they brighten my day every time I see them. Oh well, maybe I can get someone to help me tonight or tomorrow with them. -Sheryl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Christmas lights too. We don't have any outside our apartment but I love turning the lights off inside so that the lights on the Christmas tree can keep the room at a perfect glow.

Love ya - David