Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Day of Rememberance

Today my heart is full of pondering and rememberance as I think both about those who lost their lives during the attacks on Pearl Harbor and my baby brother.

I am so grateful to those individuals regardless of war time or time of peace, who have served us and our country so that we might enjoy the freedoms, that I quite frankly take for granted. Thank you to my grandparents, my father, my father-in-law, brothers-in-law, friends, and many more, who served or are currently serving. I am endebted to you.

My heart is also turned to that day in December 32 years ago today, when my little brother was called home to live with our Father in Heaven. I remember the details like it was yesterday. I remember what a happy baby he was and how happy he made our family. I love him very much and am ever so grateful that he came here to this earth even for a short while to be in our family and that our family is sealed for eternity so that we might be with him again someday. I know that he's fullfilling his mission in heaven. I love you Danny. -Sheri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about Danny too. I mentioned him when I bore my testimony today. I know he has paved the way and is watching out for us. Knowing he is there makes me want to be a better person so I can raise him, hold him, hug him again. Thanks for mentioning him on your blog. --- He's such a cutie! MOM

Julie Ann said...

Thanks for the inspiring words. I also really enjoyed the Christmas poem you sent via email. It was very touching. I loved waking up to snow this morning. The boys especially loved it! Hope to see you soon. Julie