Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Cancer is very near remission

Today we met with Dr Dickson to discuss the results of my latest petscan.
Good News / Bad News.....which do you want first?......

Good News: My cancer is very near remission. This is excellent news and not at all what I expected. Since I am responding so well, I will continue the cancer treatments as is. I did get the Zoledex implant today. We are very excited about this, although it is hard to express it when I'm either hurting or too doped up to express much of anything.

Bad News: What's causing all the pain.

Back: We are starting over from scratch on my back. We think there was probably some kind of undetected complication with the bone cement. I have a new MRI tomorrow and will meet with Dr. Dickson again on Monday.

Numbness and stinging in fingers, hands, wrists, arms and feet: We believe this may be caused because I have had all anti inflammatory medication removed from my system. I have had mild carpal tunnel and mild tendinitis (sp?) in my wrists and fingers for years but have been able to treat it with ibuprofen. We're going to try some Celebrex and see if that will help. The Celebrex won't interact with my other meds like regular ibuprofen will.

Forgive the old quote, but I really am sick and tired of being sick and tired. We hope to be able to identify, pin-point, treat and get rid of the issues that are causing the pain instead of just "band-aiding" the issues with pain meds.

God Bless you all with the best of health, peace and happiness
-Sheryl

No comments: