Thursday, April 9, 2009

Is Chemotherapy on the horizon.?.?.?

Today I am contemplating the realization that I might have to start Chemo in the very near future depending on the results of my PETSCAN scheduled for Apr 23rd - Results known on Apr 29th. :o

With all the various issues that have occurred in the last month or so I met with my oncologist yesterday. He and I agree that for the most part the cause(s) of these these issues has not been identified and in an effort to control the pain, we have only "band-aided" them. He has been in contact with my other doctors and has results of all the labs, tests, and scans. Our next step is to determine if all of this is directly related to the cancer or if it is all side effects from the cancer treatment(s). So, PETSCAN scheduled for Apr 23. Results and appointment with Dr on Apr 29th. If the scan results are similar to the December results, then it is all side effects and we identify and treat. If the scan is drastically different then it's the cancer and we start Chemotherapy.

Of course, I can't predict the future, but I feel strongly that Chemotherapy will be next.

I continue to keep in contact with my Heavenly Father and count my blessings as I continue to work through this cancer and related health issues as well as asking for his will be done and to continue to provide me with comfort and peace and the promptings necessary to know what steps to take next.

May He always bless you according to your faith and worthiness. Love, Sheryl

No comments: