Sunday, March 29, 2009

surgeries for the Thomson's

Well, Wayne's surgery went well, although initial recovery took a little longer than we had expected. We spent a nice romantic night in the hospital. ;) Ok, not really but at least we were together. He in his hospital bed, and I in my hospital recliner..... He is doing better since he got the nose splints out, but in my opinion, I think he is still having a rough go at it. He pushes himself just beyond his threshold to see how long he can go with out his pain meds, then he's really hurting. I much prefer to see him take his meds on time instead of pushing his threshold. But that's his call not mine.

As I anticipate my own surgery, I am filled with mixed emotions. Part of me is terrified of the possible side effects, even though the odds are slim, but I still worry about them. The other part of me is SOOOO looking forward to the back pain going away. I continue to pray for the best recovery for both of us with no complications.

No comments: