Thursday, May 7, 2009

100% Remission

To my loved ones.....

May 27, 2008 was a day that changed the rest of my life and greatly impacted all of my loved ones. That was the day that we found the hard mass in my right breast and I instantly knew that I had breast cancer.

May 4, 2009, just under a year later, is another day that marks great change for my life and greatly impacts all of my loved ones. Today, with my dear sweet sister, Shelly, by my side, We were told that I was in 100% Remission from my cancer. I can't express in words my gratitude, my relief, my over powering joy. I feel so incredible humble. The fight is not over, as I will have to continue my treatments in order to stay in remission, but this is incredible news. But I am so incredibly grateful to my Heavenly Father for this "second chance" at life. You have no idea the things we take for granted until we have a life altering event take over. Thank you to all of you for your constant love, prayers and support. I can never thank you all enough. I am so over whelmed with this news that I only made a few phone calls and then spent the entire evening with my loving husband, my supportive children, and sweet sister, and of course little adorable baby Violet, surrounded around me. We celebrated with Shelly making dinner, cake for dessert and Shelby treating us to sparkling grape juice, then of course a movie (dvd). A mother can not express more than I how grateful I am for such a wonderful family and for such great kids. I love you all.

The doctors and I continue to work toward repairing my back and the complications from the surgery. Today I had an epideral with steroids that so far seem to have removed the back pain. I may have to repeat this treatment 3-4 more times, to correct the problem entirely, but the outlook is good. I, of course, will never be able to participate in activity that cause a lot of bouncing, such as snowmobiling, skiing, horse back riding, motorcycles, bad suspension in certain vehicles....etc.. But since I don't participate in those things very often anyway, I think I can manage removing them from my activities. I also need to continue treatment for the blood clotting factor and the carpal tunnel issues.

I plea with each of you to please take time to thank your Heavenly Father for your health and for your family. Two very dear aspects of our lives that can't be replaced and that most of us take for granted. God bless you and your family.

All My Love, Mom, Sheri, Sheryl

No comments: